What if you got to know that your favourite tv actress, Aishwarya Sakhuja is a hardcore Delhi girl! Surprised? Aishwarya, who is born and brought up in Delhi has been moving up in the ladder of success since her soap opera, ‘Saas Bina Sasural’. Recently, seen on reality shows like Nach Baliye and khatron Ke Khiladi, this ‘fearless’ Dilli ki ladki remembers her Delhi days and lots more.
Excerpts from the interview…
1. Who is ‘Aishwarya Sakuja’ as a person? How did you land up being an actor from a model?
Someone extremely shy, very responsible and her weakness lies in animals.
I started my journey with Yashraj Film’s show called Rishta.com. I bagged it with a small audition that I had to undergo and I was forced by my flatmate to go and audition for it.
It was a small cameo that got me noticed by the broadcaster (Sony) and I bagged Saas Bina Sasural. There’s been no looking back since then.
2. How was your experience being a Delhi University student?
Excellent…I was in Hindu,and I made my strongest bonds in those three years…discovered the meaning of friendship..found the first love of my life..lol…and started modelling while in college …Hindu has given me a lot…it laid foundation for my professional being.
3. You have a good fashion style, tell us about your fashion mantra.
Do I ?? My mantra is to trust my stylist blindly..lol..and not to do what everyone is doing.
4. What are the places in Delhi which you visit frequently?
Sarojini nagar…I love the madness of that place and Hauz Khas Village for its shopping.
5. Are you a typical Delhi girl or Mumbaikar? Which city is more closer to your heart?
I love the “Desipana” of Delhi but can’t thank enough for what Mumbai has done for me…but I guess I’m still a Delhi girl at heart.
6. Any funny/embarrassing incident that you would like to share with us while being in Delhi.
I have beaten up a lot of men in Delhi..not too pout for its safety for women we were eve teased a lot n I can’t stand such idiocy still..hence I always mustered courage to give it back to them..once I beat up a guy and broke his glasses and maroed this dialogue..”ghar jaa ke batana tumhare chashme kaise toote” on hearing this he ran after me and I had to run for my life.
7. How is your journey from your debut Rishta.com till Khatron Ke Khiladi 7?
Exhilarating with so many ups and downs.
8. You have been doing quite a lot of reality shows, is there any chance to see you back on daily soaps?
Very soon..I have gotten back with “Khidki” on Sab TV…you will see me in a lot more I promise.
9. Being a Delhi girl, what do you think is so exclusive about Dili ki ladkiyan? Any tips or suggestions you like to share with the Delhi girls?
Their Bindass give a damn attitude
Tips- be fearless…it can take you places.
10. Going back to the memory lane, what was your first encounter to listen “ARRE YEH TOH DILLI KI LADKI HAI” and what was your reaction to it? Specially during your struggle days in Mumbai.
I heard this when I first auditioned for zoom as an anchor …n I was like YEAH SO??
11. Share things that makes you proud to be a Dilli ki ladki?
My fearless attitude.